Territory Sales Manager - North Queensland
04 January 2018
- Location: QLD Other
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 2634430
- Industry Leader - Crop Protection - Seeds
- Global company
- Great Career Opportunity
- The new Agriculture Division of the DowDuPont company
- Crop Protection and Seed solutions
- Nth QLD Region
Bringing together the complementary, innovative portfolios and pipelines of Dow AgroSciences and DuPont, DowDuPont is comprised of three strong divisions and intends to separate into three independent, publicly traded companies. Each division and intended company will lead its respective industry through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. Focusing on Crop Protection and Seeds, the Agriculture Division will offer a greatly expanded portfolio of products and services, with robust near-term pipeline across seed germplasm, biotech traits, crop protection, seed applied technologies and digital agriculture. The world class combined R&D capabilities support agricultural innovation and promising new technologies to drive future growth.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Leader, there is now the requirement for a Territory Sales Manager – North Qld to join the commercial sales team. You will be responsible for sales and marketing of strong brands and products within the territory, and managing key accounts and relationships on behalf of the company. The successful candidate will have broad industry experience; with technical knowledge of horticulture and brush weed market segments being an advantage.
The focus of the position is to achieve sales and profitability goals within the defined territory through facilitating effective business planning and market development with distribution customers. The ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with industry personnel is a key selection criteria for the successful person. You will develop contacts with key resellers, key farmers and industry consultants to promote the full range of products.
- Effective management of customer and channel partner relationships
- Develop product positioning and implement customer account plans for the designated territory.
- Identification of market opportunities, and to work closely with farmers, retail distributors and industry to promote the company’s products
- Achieve sales, market share and contribution in line with company targets
- Work closely with Marketing / Product Managers fostering a collaborative environment
- Territory forecasting & reporting
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in horticulture agronomy/markets
- Understanding of agronomy and modern crop production; in particular horticultural cropping
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and build relationships with a diverse range of people
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to train others in use of products and techniques.
- Self-motivated and highly results orientated, but also a team player.
- Customer focused with the ability and interpersonal skill to quickly build credible relationships with customers.
This is your chance to join the new company at an exciting time, which is bringing a fresh approach to industry through a heavy pipeline of enhanced R&D technology. Come and join an open, honest and grounded team that is innovative and not afraid to take risks. This role could lead to future Career Opportunities. Induction & training provided. There will be travel in the role.
Ideally based in Townsville, QLD which is central to the territory, however an alternative home base within the sales territory would also be considered. A generous salary package is on offer including base, super, car and bonus.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Asher Hammond (B.Ag.Sc)
1300 668 226