Territory Sales Manager - Irrigation - NSW
26 February 2019
- Location: NSW Other
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 2895789
- Market leader
- Innovative products
- Diverse role
Our client a leading irrigation company providing irrigation solutions to the horticultural /agricultural industry Australia wide requires a Territory Sales Manager for a NSW territory (location is negotiable).
The company is recognised as having innovative and market leading irrigation products and providing exceptional technical service.
The Territory Sales Manager will promote and sell the companies products and services through a distributor network into a defined sales territory (territory to be determined depending on candidate location).
- Managing and supporting distributors and key accounts within the region, implementing sales and marketing strategies will be an integral part of this role.
- Ideally you will be tertiary qualified in an agricultural discipline and have a flair for sales with considerable irrigation experience. It is expected you will be confident in initiating sales calls and marketing strategies, coordinating promotional activities, forecasting and budgeting.
- An excellent understanding of the irrigation industry or relevant commercial experience in the irrigation industry is a distinct advantage.
- Specific responsibilities are to:
- Achieve sales, market share and contribution in line with company targets.
- Develop product positioning and implement customer/account plans for designated territory, including developing sales targets with distributor customers.
- Train and develop distribution network to enhance uptake of latest irrigation technologies.
- Conduct analysis of the business environment, identify opportunities and communicate this information to the business managers as appropriate.
- Tertiary qualifications in agriculture or business with several years experience in the irrigation industry.
- Extensive knowledge of horticulture and broad acre crops.
- Proven track record in a sales/commercial role preferred.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Attend field days and conduct product demonstration trials.
- Ability to train others in use of products and techniques.
- Self-motivated and highly results orientated but also a team player.
- Customer focused with the ability and interpersonal skill to quickly build credible relationships with customers.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Asher Hamond
1300 668 226