Leading Farm Hand - Emerald
30 August 2017
- Location: QLD Other
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 2474569
- Market Leader
- Diverse role
- Great Opportunity
The scope of the position is to undertake any of the farm duties that are required on a large scale irrigated farm. Under the guidance of the farm manager your role is to ensure that farm work and maintenance programs are carried out on time and to company standards. The role will be vital in ensuring that production objectives meet company performance targets in terms of quality and production. Reporting to the Farm Management team you will be involved in key development, establishment, and operational aspects of the farm.
- General farm duties
- Tractor driving
- Development of land prior to planting
- Establishing new farms
- Irrigation duties such as maintenance and trouble shooting
- Pest Control
- Experience in the operation and use of farm machinery and implements
- Experience as a farm hand in Agriculture/Horticulture or Forestry.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in operation of Tractors and associated implements
- Experience with Spraying and weed control.
- Truck licence an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of agricultural production principles.
- Mechanical knowledge of farm machinery
- Applicants must be physically fit, prepared to work in hot conditions outdoors and be willing to learn all aspects of the position.
- Current drivers licence
Asher Hammond (B.Ag.Sc)
1300 668 226