Junior Agronomist - MIA NSW
31 December 2019
- Location: NSW Other
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 2580916
- Hands on role
- Work with a dynamic team
- Great career opportunity
Our client manages a state of the art commercial horticultural operation (nut crop) in the MIA region of New South Wales.
We are seeking an individual who is to take on the opportunity of Junior Agronomist.
The successful applicant will be passionate about agricultural production, ability to learn quickly, supporting the Senior Agronomist, show enthusiasm and compliment the team providing focused solutions to agronomic issues.
As a member of a multi-skilled team, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A solid agronomic background. Having previous experience with agronomy will be an advantage, not mandatory.
- Strong research skill, enthusiastic and reliable.
- Team player, self-motivated, adaptable and committed to the job.
- Proven planning and organisation skills.
- The use of industry specific software programs would be advantageous.
- Flexible can do attitude
- Ability to develop and execute projects
- Knowledge of Ag chemicals, nut trees & plant nutrition will be an advantage not mandatory
- Capacity to build relationships with colleagues and work within a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Provide supporting trials & crop demonstrations
- Skill in writing technical and management reports
- This position is based in/around Narrandera
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications are essential.
Graduates and final year students encouraged to apply.
1300 668 226