Irrigation Leading Hand - Burdekin
30 August 2017
- Location: QLD Other
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 1637271
- Large scale modern farm
- Innovative company
- Market leader
They produce a range of crops grown on flood and trickle irrigation including Sugar cane on flood irrigation and horticultural crops grown on trickle irrigation.
Reporting to the Farm Manager you will be involved in key establishment, operational and maintenance aspects of the irrigation systems. The role calls for someone who understands the urgency of intensive production, with an emphasis on forward planning.
You must be well organised, methodical and timely. Ideally you will have a good understanding of irrigation systems including installation, maintenance and trouble shooting. You will have the ability to work with managers, external advisors and operating staff in a highly integrated business.
- Working with Drip irrigation and flood irrigation
- Installation, maintenance and operation of these systems
- Fertigation systems
- General tractor work and Machinery operation
- Experience in irrigated Agriculture/Horticulture
- Flood and Drip irrigation experience highly regarded
- Experience in horticultural production or irrigated broad acre production highly regarded
- Current licenses including forklift and Heavy Vehicle would be an advantage
- Operation of various agricultural implements used in large scale horticulture operations
- Applicants must be physically fit, prepared to work outdoors and be willing to learn aspects of the position.
- Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
- Contact Asher Hammond, Business Manager, Agrijobs Australia on 1300 668 226
- Visit www.agrijobs.com.au for more positions currently available