Irrigation Assistant - Katherine
07 June 2019
- Location: Northern Territory
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 1597170
- Modern pressurised drip irrigation systems
- Massive project underway - experienced Irrigation person required
- Fertigation systems - general tractor work and machinery operation
Our client is developing one of the largest commercial horticultural operations in the Katherine Region of the Northern Territory.
They are in need of an Irrigation Assistant with an excellent understanding of modern pressurised drip irrigation systems including installation, maintenance and trouble shooting. Drip irrigation is fast becoming the standard for large scale Horticultural production across Australia and our client is committed to the production and environmental benefits that this system provides.
With a massive project in the ground they require an experienced Irrigation person who can come on board and provide hands on support to ensure the smooth running of the system, and to assist with new projects.
Reporting to the Irrigation Manager you will be involved in key establishment, operational and maintenance aspects of the irrigation systems.
Duties include day to day running of the system, irrigation scheduling, maintenance of the system - including, flushing, acid and chlorine injection, tape fixing, channel maintenance, assisting with fertigation and bore maintenance.
The role calls for someone who understands the urgency of intensive production, with an emphasis on forward planning.
You must be well organised, methodical and timely. You will have a good understanding of modern drip irrigation systems including installation, maintenance and trouble shooting. You must have the ability to work with managers, external advisors and operating staff in a highly integrated business.
- Working with Drip irrigation
- Installation, maintenance and operation of pressurised systems
- Fertigation systems
- General tractor work and Machinery operation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in irrigated Agriculture/Horticulture
- Drip irrigation experience highly regarded
- Experience in horticultural production or broad acre production highly regarded
- Current licences including Forklift and Heavy Vehicle would be an advantage
- Operation of various agricultural implements used in large scale horticulture operations
- Applicants must be physically fit, prepared to work outdoors and be willing to learn aspects of the position
- Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com or
- Contact Asher Hammond, Business Manager, Agrijobs Australia on 1300 668 226
- Visit www.agrijobs.com.au for more positions currently available