Health and Safety Officer - Kununurra
28 September 2020
- Location: WA Other
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 3060585
- Opportunity to drive organisation wide OHS
- Corporate, Blue Chip employer
- World leader in their industry
Our client is a Leading Agricultural production company with a large corporate farm. The HSE Officer will develop and execute the Health and Safety Policy, Programme and Procedures. The successful applicant will drive Health and Safety initiatives on farm and report back to the management team.
- To assist the Management team in complying with current Health and Safety legislation and / or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of staff and visitors.
- To develop, implement and monitor Health and Safety Policy, Programme and Procedures.
- To develop, review and update appropriate sections of Company’s Procedures manual and SOP
- To coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CRP, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspection and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in the company facilities.
- To investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to the Board and/or other appropriate senior staff - study possible causes and recommend remedial action.
- To arrange for H&S testing and/or evaluation of the workplace by external agency/consultant as may be necessary.
- To establish budget proposal for the operation of all H&S activities, initiatives and specific training programmes.
- To act as liaison with all related government bodies and regulating agencies.
- To coordinate the company’s emergency procedures and act as the Company’s emergency on site coordinator.
- To liaise with the council and state emergency planners, update plans, organize exercises and evaluate procedures.
- Inspect workplaces and workplace equipment, such as Irrigation, Ag chemicals, fertilisers, fuels, tractors and implements, to ensure they meet storage & safety regulations (and to identify hazards and risks).
- Ensure personal protective equipment (such as hearing protection, chemical / dust respirators, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets), is being used in workplaces according to regulations.
- Assist with the rehabilitation of workers after accidents or injuries.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualifications in OH&S WH&S.
- Experience in a similar role and understanding and empathy with rural people.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and honesty.
Call us on: 1300 668 226 / 0406 954 055
Email your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register via our website: www.agrijobs.com.au
Apply: via the Apply Now button