Harvest Manager - Kununurra
19 July 2021
- Location: WA Other
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 3133539
- Corporate company
- Diverse role
- Great career opportunity with excellent benefits
Our client is a Leading Forestry Company with production spread over three states.
They are seeking a Harvest Manager to develop and implement a mid to long term harvesting strategy as volumes increase each year. You will ensure that the annual harvesting targets are met while meeting quality and safety targets along the way. The Harvest Manager will execute the annual harvest plan with full responsibility for compliance, quality control, staff, contractors, and equipment.
You will assist the management team to compose an annual budget to cover all aspects of harvest equipment and ongoing maintenance. Develop and maintain the harvest program policy and procedures. You will regularly report back to the Senior Management team on compliance, harvested volumes, quality, expenditure, maintenance, capital equipment, labor productivity and environment.
The Harvest Manager will execute the Annual Harvest Plan and all associated Policy, Programme and Procedures. You will the company focal point between the harvest team, and the Head Office.
- To ensure the Harvesting division meets the Annual Harvest plan in terms of volume, quality and safety on time and within budget.
- To develop, implement and monitor the Annual Harvest Plan Programme and Procedures. Ensuring on time delivery to customers / processing facilities.
- Develop a program for the utilisation of residual timber from the plantations including end markets or transformation into fuel or biochar.
- To develop, review and update appropriate Harvesting sections of Company’s Procedures manual and SOP
- To establish budget proposal for the Annual Harvest Plan.
- To act as company contact for liaison with all related government bodies, industry and regulating agencies in a harvesting capacity.
- Assist the Senior Management team in complying with current Health and Safety legislation to protect the safety and health of staff and visitors.
- Be able to operate a range of skid steer harvesting equipment, Road Trains and Loaders.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualifications in Forestry/Agriculture/Horticulture
- Forestry Harvesting experience
- Staff Management
- Corporate budgets and reporting
- Experienced in working with WHS & Environmental frameworks.
- Experience in a similar role and understanding and empathy with rural people.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, leading from the front.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and honesty.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organisation and corporate team in a rewarding role.
Six figure package including super, vehicle, housing allowance and 4 +2 Weeks wet season annual leave.
To apply: Call us on: 1300 668 226 / 0406 954 055
Email your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Register via our website: www.agrijobs.com.au
0406 954 055
1300 668 226