GIS Analyst - Darwin
04 January 2022
- Location: Northern Territory
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 3078691
- Exciting role
- Tropical location
- Diverse role
Our client manages a large forestry operation in Northern Australia. We are seeking a GIS Analyst to build and maintain the GIS databases and evolve in-house processes to better use GIS in decision making on plantations.
The GIS Analyst aims to provide effective and efficient GIS information to the management team.
This consists of managing, maintaining and developing the GIS system for spatial data management, mapping production, spatial analysis, and interactive web map application development. You will facilitate the automation of capture, maintenance and delivery processes of plantation spatial data and associated applications. Prepare project specific GIS databases, maps, database reports and specialised queries in support of various projects.
You will be required to undertake a range of activities related to solution design and application development of digital solutions that support the management of plantations and expansion of operations.
The following education and experience are essential:
- Minimum of two years working as a GIS Analyst or Technician.
- Proven experience in environmental systems, geography & computer science
- Experience with ArcGIS suite of products.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS) and cartographic principles and techniques
- SQL database management.
- Experience in the design and development of integrated spatial systems and services.
- Proficient project management skills with the ability of multi-tasking
- Demonstrated capabilities to communicate and engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- A self-starter with experience in leading best practice and processes in GIS
- An ability to present technical information effectively, to a broad non-technical audience
- A strong work ethic with a proactive approach to opportunities and with high performance standards
To apply send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Asher Hammond (B.Ag.Sc)
0406 954 055
1300 668 226