Canola Research Assistant
20 April 2022
- Location: NSW Other
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 3406376
- Global company
- Exciting role
- Great Career start with training provided
Our Client is a leading global life sciences company which is expanding its global seeds business in Australia. They are seeking a Research Assistant as part of a team which will trial, develop and commercialise new canola varieties for the Australian market.
The Research Assistant will take ownership of the trials program and is responsible for setting up and carrying out high quality trails to produce quality data required for advancement of seed lines / products. You will be responsible for high quality trial sites managed for optimal agronomic performance for site hygiene, nutrition, presentation and timely operations
The role will be based in Wagga Wagga but will require regular travel.
- Identify trial sites and liaise with cooperators
- Mark out sites
- Set up small plot planters, sprayers and harvest equipment
- Use of modern GPS systems
- Application of treatments
- Irrigation operation
- HC drivers license and Fork Lift license
- Trained in use of drone data capture and field data collection
- Evaluation of field and nursery trials
Education/ Required skills:
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science or equivalent.
- An excellent understanding of field plot techniques, experimental design, statistics, working with databases, data interpretation, and ability to write quality reports to global standards are essential.
- Ability to use a wide range of trials machinery and equipment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to liaise with a broad range of people within the rural industry.
- Willing to travel
- HC driver’s license and Fork Lift license an advantage.
An excellent package and training is provided, including salary, super, vehicle, overseas travel and excellent career prospects will be discussed with the successful candidate.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Asher Hammond (B.Ag.Sc)
Business Manager Agrijobs Australia
0406 954 055