Asset and Procurement Manager - Darwin
31 December 2019
- Location: Northern Territory
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Reference No. 3060721
- Diverse role
- Multi disciplined
- Great opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Manager / Procurement Manager to Coordinate Strategic Asset Management and manage and support procurement and supply chain activities for a large corporate Agribusiness with several farms across multiple locations. You will ensure the business develops, maintains and delivers efficient and effective infrastructure / farming assets through infrastructure planning and asset management. You will develop and drive the companies asset management framework and processes, striving for best practice asset management in support of farming practices.
You will need the ability to train, support and mentor staff in the use of the Asset Management System, and asset management procedures whilst engaging with stakeholders across the business. Your skills in using asset management systems, predictive modelling applications, and GIS will enable you to undertake analysis and modelling of asset information, for the development of annual and long term capital works programs.
On the procurement side your goal is to manage and support the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes. You should have experience of managing procurement policies and negotiating contracts and supply agreements with suppliers, contractors and subcontractors to ensure optimum costings and quality are met.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee organization wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting, and evaluation of services
- Negotiating prices and contracts with suppliers
- Implementing contracts
- Developing and improving the procurement function
- Participate in developing and monitoring performance against the annual operating budget.
- Drive development of innovative logistics / supply models.
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations
- Anticipate and identify risks / unfavorable events affecting the supply chain and prepare control strategies / corrective measures
- Ensure regular Business Review Meetings (BRM) are held with critical suppliers
- Develop vendors to ensure that all deliverables, cost, quality, technical support, logistics and overall service levels are achieved and ongoing improvements sustained.
- Ensure legal procurement framework is established and adhered too
- Direct the development of formal and informal bids, direct and participate in the solicitation, evaluation and award of bids, perform or assist others in the performance of price/cost analysis
- Establish operating budget for the Purchasing Division.
- Align procurement strategy and process with overall business goals
- Solid knowledge and an understanding of purchasing processes, policies and systems preferably in an agribusiness environment
- The ability to build trusted relationships with people, excellent written, oral and communications skills and the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Advanced word processing and computing skills
- Be well organised, self-motivated, efficient and able to multi-task
- Tertiary degree or Diploma in Engineering and or Asset Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or related field
- A current drivers licence
- Minimum 3 years Asset Management / procurement experience or related position
- Ideally experience within an Agribusiness or similar industry.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Asher Hammond (B.Ag.Sc)
1300 668 226